The Sorority is a proprietary club (the “Club”) owned by The Sorority Ltd (the “Proprietor”) a company registered in England and Wales under the company number 06873825, and our registered address is Gresham House, 24 Holborn Viaduct, London, EC1A 2BN, United Kingdom (“we” “us” and “our” being interpreted accordingly). We are the data controller of the personal data that we collect, and as such, control the ways personal data is collected and the purposes of which personal data is used.
Depending on how you use our services, we might collect the following personal data from you only when you voluntarily provide us with this information.
- Your personal details including first name, last name, date of birth, e-mail address, phone number, mobile number, company name, current position in company, personal address, business address, and other details when submitting a membership application through the Website or by e-mail.
- Personal details you choose to give when corresponding with us by phone, SMS, e-mail, in letters, on social media, or in person when attending a Sorority event.
- More sensitive information about you and about your health (e.g. dietary requirements for event meals).
- Information about you when you update your Members account (e.g. your city location and biography).
- Your name and email when you purchase an event ticket.
- Sales related information, such as date, products or services provided, place of purchase, product codes, amount, total of sales, VAT number, complaints, returns, refunds and other sales related information as allowed by applicable laws.
- Data regarding your purchases from the Club (e.g. purchase history including date of the sale, quantity and price of the products purchased by you).
We may use your personal data in the following ways:
- To acknowledge, confirm and deal with your membership applications (and where necessary put you on our waiting list).
- To manage, administer and process payment of Membership Fees.
- To manage, administer and process purchase of Sorority products and post-sale services, e.g. administrative activities, accounting, communicating with you, including by e-mail, for any problem relating to the handling of the order or to subsequent requests relating to the order.
- Where we are asked to deal with any resignations or terminations, and general club business in relation to members.
- To arrange club events and invite members and their guests to events.
- To provide members with information on the Club, other members, member offers and privileges by SMS, phone, e-mail and Constant Contact newsletter subscription.
- To manage services to members and comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
- To create your member profile on the Members Website which other members can access.
- To contact you in connection with user/customer/member surveys and use any information you choose to submit in response.
- To administer our Site and ensure that our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer/device.
- For internal business/technical operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes and as part of our efforts to keep our Website secure.
We may share your personal data with trusted third parties in the following situations:
- We may make your personal data available to selected third parties to support our operations (for example, your first name, last name, and occupation for guest lists and dietary requirements to our event venue suppliers).
- Our IT suppliers and contractors (e.g. data hosting providers or delivery partners) may need to have access to your personal information to provide IT support and enable us to provide membership services and other goods/services available on this Site or to members.
- If we sell the business or its assets of the Club, in which case personal data will be one of the transferred assets.
- If the Club is placed under a legal duty by a court order or arbitral order or by regulatory or professional requirements to professional bodies, authorized by statute to demand them or otherwise if required by law.
- To protect us, our members or contractors against loss or damage. This may include (without limit) exchanging information with the police, courts or law enforcement organisations.
Member data will be stored in the Club’s hard copy files and on its third party hosted dedicated servers in accordance with strict procedures and security features and accepted industry standards of security and protection. The data will not be transferred to or stored outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) without your prior consent.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password or log-in which enables you to access certain restricted parts of our Website, you are responsible for doing everything you reasonably can to keep these details secret. We must not to share your password or log-in details with anyone else.
Transmission of information via the internet and storage at locations accessible from it can never be completely secure and the Club cannot absolutely guarantee the security of data transmitted to the Website which is at members’ risk.
The Club will gather and process data only for the purposes stated. For legal and regulatory reasons, the Proprietor will retain a copy of data provided to it for one year, including data submitted to the Website. Following termination of membership, membership data will be retained for one year following termination. Any request to terminate consent can be sent to the Lisa Tse for the Proprietor at Gresham House, 24 Holborn Viaduct, London EC1A 2BN, United Kingdom. Email at email@example.com.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to access, rectify and delete your personal data. Members have a right to access their information held by the Club by requesting the right of access in writing by post or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You also have the right to object to and restrict certain processing of your data. This includes:
- The right to object to our processing of your data for direct marketing, which you can exercise by using the “unsubscribe” link in any email communication that we send you. We will then stop any further emails from that particular division. You can choose to resubscribe at any time by signing up for Sorority News on the Website.
- The right to object to our processing of your data where we are performing a task in the public interest or pursuing our legitimate interests or those of a third party. You can exercise this right on Facebook and on Instagram.
We will try to ensure member data is accurate and current and will amend any inaccuracies on request to email@example.com. We encourage you to regularly review and update your personal data on the Members Website. If you are a registered member you may access and edit some of your personal data through your user account settings on the Members Website, otherwise please send any amendment requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a subscriber to our direct marketing, you may access and edit some of your personal data by using the “update profile” link in any email communication that we send you.